The period between 1922 and 1941.
Featured

The period between 1922 and 1941.

Until the official change of the names Török Becse and Aracs to Novi Bečej and Vranjevo, circular postal stamps with the inscription TURSKI BEČEJ and VRANјEVO in both Cyrillic and Latin scripts, along with the date – day, month (now in Roman numerals), and year will be used. The postal stamp TURSKI BEČEJ will be used for only two years, from November 1921 to shortly after the official change of the place name to NOVI BEČEJ. In the postal stamp of Novi Bečej (Vološinova and again Novi Bečej) until the introduction of postal codes in 1971, the date, day, and year will be written in Arabic numerals, while the month will remain in Roman numerals.

During the interwar period, the post office in Novi Bečej was located on the ground floor of the magnificent two-story house of Ivan Glavaš at the corner of today's streets Žarko Zrenjanin and Svetozar Miletić. The post office manager in the 1930s and early 1940s was Dragica Stanišić.

The postal stamp VRANјEVO was in use from October 1921. Since the name of the place Vranjevo, which was a separate municipality until the end of World War II, did not change, its postal stamp remained unchanged until the beginning of World War II. There is no reliable information about the time of the post office's closure, although all previous research indicates that it operated until the end of the 1930s. The post office was located on the main street in Vranjevo at the aforementioned location, and according to some data, later at other locations.

On stickers for registered "R" shipments from this period, their serial number and the name of the place of origin were written in both Cyrillic and Latin scripts: NOVI BEČEJ and NOVI BEČEJ. Stickers from the Vranjevo post office for registered letters could not be documented, as they have not been found so far.

Related Articles